Color Country RentalsCedar City, UT
Although snowmobiling is not allowed in Bryce Canyon, the surrounding area of Southern Utah has over 800 miles of groomed trails for enjoying this popular winter sport.
- Bryce Canyon snowmobiling offers over 800 miles of groomed trails in southern Utah
- Most trails are free of charge
- Duck Creek Village and Panguitch Lake on Cedar Mountain offer 225 miles of state groomed trails
- Brian Head Resort provides single or group snowmobiling on marked trails
- Cedar Breaks National Monument permits snowmobiling when snow closes the road to regular traffic
- Bryce snowmobiling trails start from Ruby’s Inn and run for 20 miles through Dixie National Forest
Southern Utah offers the perfect landscape for snowmobiling. Whether you have your own equipment or need to rent a snowmobile, there are miles of groomed trails, monuments, parks, bowls and resorts which provide snowmobiling fun. Whiz off into virgin snow, dodging trees and enjoying scenic mountain slopes with this exhilarating winter sport.
Where to Go Snowmobiling
- Cedar Mountain/ Dixie National Forest
Duck Creek Village and Panguitch Lake on Cedar Mountain offer incredible snowmobiling experiences on the Markagunt Plateau. There is plenty of snow along the 225 miles of state groomed trails with ample play areas.
- Brian Head Resort
Brian Head Resort provides single or group snowmobiling on marked trails through some of Utah’s most stunning scenery. Guided tours and equipment rentals are available.
- Cedar Breaks National Monument
When snow closes the road to regular traffic, snowmobiling is permitted on the main monument road and parking areas. The paved walkway from the Visitor Center to Point Supreme Overlook is also open to snowmobilers.
- East Fork Trail, Ruby’s Inn
Fee-free snowmobiling trails start from Ruby’s Inn and run for 20 miles through Dixie National Forest with overviews of Bryce Canyon. Along the East Fork of the Sevier River and around the Tropic Reservoir there are several play areas. Other trails run along the Aquarius Plateau and along non-serviced forest service roads with spectacular views.
Guided Tours and Rentals
Many outfitters offer equipment rentals or guided snowmobiling trips around Bryce Canyon - checkout the list of suppliers below.