- Close to Cedar Breaks National Monument
- Well-equipped campground makes a great base
- Walking trails and water-based activities
- Breathtaking views
Cedar Canyon is an area of breathtaking views at an elevation of 8,100 feet. The Cedar Canyon Campground makes the perfect base for exploring the area including the Cedar Breaks National Monument nearby.
- Cedar Canyon is just east of Cedar City on Hwy U-14. Call: (435) 865-3200 fpr information.
- Hours/Seasons: Open all year round
- Fees/Cost: No admission charge
The area has many creeks, rivers and lakes including: Crow Creek, Squaw Creek, Virgin River North Fork, Navajo Lake and Green Lake. Whitewater paddlers will also enjoy magnificent conditions on the Virgin River - North Fork.
- Virgin River Rim Trail (also suitable for horses and mountain bikes) is a 34 mile moderate trail connects popular points in Cedar Canyon and on Cedar Mountain with beautiful views of the Virgin River Rim and Navajo Lake.
- Cedar Canyon Walking Trail is a 3 mile easy one hour trail. Paved along the banks of Coal Creek with water fountains and benches.
- Ashdown Gorge Wilderness is a network of trails close by.
Cedar Canyon Campground is 11 miles east of Cedar City on Hwy U-14.
- 16 single family, 2 multiple family and 1 group unit for up to 35 people.
- RV trailers up to 24 feet long are welcome (No hookups).
- Campsite provides: water for cooking, fire ring, 2 vault unit toilets (no showers), garbage bins, picnic tables
- Open Memorial Day to Labor Day