- Pine Lake UT is 37 miles east of Panguitch and 10 miles northeast of Tropic
- Pine Lake OHV Trail runs from Pine Lake campground for 21 scenic miles in a loop connecting Pine Lake, Powell Point Overlook and Pole Canyon
- Pine Lake has brown, cutthroat and rainbow trout
- Campground has 33 sites and is open May to October
Located at 7,500 feet, Pine Lake UT offers a cool refreshing contrast to the hot arid conditions of red rocks and white cliffs which surround it. This small lake is ideal for fishing, hiking and camping.
Location and Information
Pine Lake is 37 miles east of Panguitch and 10 miles northeast of Tropic. Head south from Panguitch on Hwy 89 for 5 miles. Turn left on Hwy 12 for 13 miles. After Bryce Canyon Airport head north on Hwy 22 (John’s Valley Road) for 11 miles then turn right on Pine Lake Road for 6 miles to the lake.
- Escalante Ranger District: 435-826-5400
- Park Information: 435-676-8608
Boating is permitted on this small lake, but no power boats.
Pine Lake has an unloading ramp at the campground and gives access to a number of OHV trails.
- Powell Point Trail - From the Pine Lake campground follow Forest Raod 132 for 5 miles to Forest Road 143 then turn south (right) and continue 3.5 miles to the trailhead. Short hike through mixed conifers and bristlecone pines to a magnificent panoramic viewpoint.
- Pine Lake Trail - Starts at the Pine Lake campground and runs for 21 scenic miles in a loop connecting Pine Lake, Powell Point Overlook and Pole Canyon.
- Burro Canyon Trail - This scenic trail starts near Pine Lake and ends at the junction with Henderson Canyon Trail. From Forest Road 282, cross over the dam and continue to the Burro Canyon trailhead. Non-motorized use only. Make a loop trail with Henderson Canyon Trail.
- Henderson Canyon Trail - This trail was once used by pioneers to tranposrt ice in wagons from Pine Lake to Tropic. Non-motorized users only. From Forest Road 282, cross over the dam and continue past Burro Canyon Trail to Henderson Canyon trailhead.
The lake has an abundance of fish making it ideal for catches of good size brown, cutthroat and rainbow trout.
Camping - Pine Lake Campground
- 33 sites plus 4 group sites
- Open May to October
- Tents and RVs up to 45 feet
- Restrooms and drinking water
- Vault toilets
- Reservations: 1-877-444-6777