- Open June to September, weather permitting
- $20 per site
- No advance reservations - first-some, first-served basis
- Ranger-led activities at Visitor Center
- RVs and tents welcome on the 28 sites
- Excellent access to Cedar Breaks National Monument
The Point Supreme Campground at Cedar Breaks is often overlooked as visitors head for the better known Bryce Canyon. However Cedar Breaks National Monument is a stunning natural attraction in its own right, well worth staying at and enjoying in relative peace. The campground is open June to September and has good amenities enhanced by the ranger-led programs.
Cedar Breaks Campground is on Hwy 148, 2 miles north of the south entrance to Cedar Breaks National Monument.
From I-15 southbound take Hwy 143 east from Parowan to Cedar Breaks. Campground is on Hwy 148, just off Hwy 143.
From I-15 northbound take Hwy 14 east for 18 miles then Hwy 148 north 4 miles to Cedar Breaks National Monument.
- Tel: 435-586-9451 or 435-586-0787
- Website: http://www.nps.gov/cebr/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm
- Open mid-June to mid-September, weather permitting
- $20 per site
- 28 sites
- Elevation around 10,000 feet
- Restrooms with flush toilets
- Generators permitted 6am-10pm
- RV sites available
- There is no dump station within the campground. Nearby dump stations are located at Duck Creek on Highway 14 ($5 fee) and a free dump station at Panguitch on Highway 143.
- Pets must be kept on leash max. 6 feet in length at all times. Pets are not allowed on trails except for the Campground trail that leads to the Visitor Center.
Camping is on a first-come, first served basis
- Evening Campfire Programs
Campground amphitheater or in the Visitor Center. Flashlight required and warm clothing.
Times vary – check with Visitor Center
- Geology Talks
Mon-Fri 10am and 2.30pm at Point Supreme Overlook
- Guided Nature Walks
Sats and Suns only 10am, weather permitting. Meet at Spectra Point trailhead in Visitor Center car park. 2-mile moderate round-trip hike at elevations of 10,500 feet. Weatherproof clothing and suitable footwear required.