- Cannonville Utah lies 12 miles southeast of Bryce Canyon
- It is at an elevation of 5,886 feet
- Cannonville is a small community of around 150 residents
- Activities include hiking, biking, fossil-hunting and scenic drives
Cannonville is a small community of around 150 residents. Close to Bryce National Park and several other state parks and attractions, Cannonville makes an excellent base for exploring this area of southern Utah.
Cannonville Utah is in Garfield County, 87 miles southeast of Cedar City and 4 miles south of Tropic on scenic highway 12. It is at an elevation of 5,886 feet.
From Interstate 15, exit at Cedar City and head east along Hwy 14 past Cedar Breaks National Monument to the junction with Hwy 89. Turn left (north) for approximately 20 miles then turn right (east) along Hwy 12 for a further 26 miles past Bryce Canyon to reach Cannonville.
Cannonville has several inns and lodges offering a range of accommodation. The town also has some small bars and cafés as well as a country store and gift shop. There is a visitor center in the town which gives information and helps visitors experience the local history and culture.
- Scenic drives
- Petrified Forest State Park 1 mile
- Kodachrome Basin State Park 7 miles
- Bryce Canyon National Park 12 miles
- Grand Staircase-Escalante Monument 23 miles
- Aquarius Plateau 57 miles
- Capitol Reef National Park 107 miles
- Zion National Park 124 miles
From Cannonville head north on Hwy 12 passing through the small town of Tropic. At the junction with Hwy 63 turn left and head south into Bryce Canyon National Park along Hwy 63.