- Tropic UT is the nearest town to Bryce Canyon National Park
- Situated on scenic Hwy 12, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and Kodachrome Basin are within hiking distance
- Tropic has local stores, restaurants, post office, motels and a visitor center
- Tropic is 82 miles east of Cedar City
Tropic Utah is a small ranching community of 508 residents founded in 1891. It is in magnificent surroundings at an elevation of 6,309 feet and is within hiking distance of Bryce Canyon National Park. The Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Dixie National Forest and Kodachrome State Park offer plenty of unique attractions around Tropic.
Tropic is 196 miles northeast of Las Vegas and 82 miles east of Interstate 15 and Cedar City. It is in Garfield County, 8 miles north of Henrieville.
From Interstate 15, exit at Cedar City and head east along Hwy 14 past Cedar Breaks National Monument to the junction with Hwy 89. Turn left (north) for approximately 20 miles then turn right (east) along Hwy 12 for a further 22 miles, past Bryce Canyon to reach Tropic.
The small town of Tropic has some local stores, restaurants, a service station, post office, laundry, gift shops and a visitor center. Tropic Utah hotels include several inns, motels, cabins and B&Bs offering a choice of accommodation as well as an RV park and campgrounds nearby. Several tour companies and outfitters offer trips around the local sights.
- Hiking (several trails start in Tropic)
- Fossil hunting
- Horseback riding
- Scenic drives
- Tropic Shale Local
- Kodachrome Basin State Park 1 mile
- Grand Staircase-Escalante Monument 3 miles
- Bryce Canyon National Park 11 miles
- Grosvenor Arch 18 miles
- Pine Lake 24 miles
- Dixie National Forest 32 miles
- Aquarius Plateau 52 miles
- Zion National Park 119 miles
- Capitol Reef National Park 120 miles
Take Hwy 12 north from Tropic for 8 miles then turn left onto Hwy 63 which leads into Bryce Canyon National Park. Total journey 11 miles.